Woodworms are pesky little insects that love the taste of timber. These small worms grow in the wood after wood-borrowing beetles lay their eggs on the lumber. The eggs will then turn into a larva that will begin to eat the wood until they are fully grown. As they tunnel their way through the timber, it can cause damage to the structure of your home. If left unattended, the wood will weaken and cause the damaged area to collapse. A trusted company can provide woodworm treatment in Exeter to remove the small pest from your home and reduce the chance of an invasion occurring again.
Signs of a Woodworm Problem
* During the months of May through October, you notice adult beetles coming from the timber or you find dead ones around the wood.
* The wood around the floorboards or roof joists begins to crumble.
* Even though it is hard to see, you may notice tunnels in the timber of your home.
* There are oval or round shaped holes in the timber from where the worms are exiting the wood.
* If you are experiencing a severe problem, you will notice that the floorboards are damaged or weak.
The adult beetles will leave behind bore dust when they emerge from the wood.
Call an Expert Before a Small Problem Becomes a Big Issue
If you suspect a problem with woodworms, you should immediately consult with a professional. The longer you delay calling in a specialist, you are risking the chance of a serious infestation that can cause costly damage. Pest Eradication (West) has years of experience of inspecting for wormwoods and treating an infestation. Their skilled workers will examine your home to determine the source of the problem and provide you with the information that you require to decide how to fix the issue.