Woodworm treatment in Glasgow can help to literally save your home! If you give it enough time after witnessing some suspicious activity around the wood of your property you will soon be left standing in a pile of sawdust. These invasive bunch of pests can be veracious eaters that will simply tunnel their way through all the timber in your home until there is not a stick left standing. There are some things that you can do that will ensure that professional treatment is successful.
Know the Facts
1. Woodworms (which are not actually worms) like humid timber. You can test your timber for humidity with a “timber tester” anything that registers over 18% humidity should be monitored because the woodworms prefer these types of environments.
2. Don’t go it alone. These pests can be really difficult to get rid of woodworms on your own. They can be hard to find and even harder to eradicate without professional assistance. Call for a trusted company to come and deal with the issue.
3. There is a common misconception that this type of infestation can only happen in older structures. The reality is that it can happen in brand new construction.
4. Learn the signs. There are certain signs that you can look for to check for infestation. Small holes in your timber around the house may indicate an active infestation BUT it can also mean an old –no longer- an issue infestation as well.
5. Adult beetles are the real cause of the problems so if you see an unusual amount or activity near your timbered areas you may have cause for concern.
Get Help fast
One of the best things you can do whether you suspect or have confirmed this problem is to call in a professional team as soon as possible. A professional with do a complete survey of the property to see if there are indications that you need treatment. They will treat the whole property and help to save your timber. The sooner you get help the sooner you can put the issue to rest. Click here to get more information.
Woodworm damage can be extensive and expensive to repair so it is imperative that you handle the problem as soon as possible. The right company will be able to rid your property of the pests and will provide you with a guarantee for their services. Don’t hesitate to get help!
Richardson &Starling can provide the professional woodworm treatment in Glasgow that can help to protect your timber! Call today and let an expert handle the issue!